Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where He Says....we go.

Well, I'm not sure where to begin!

As you can see from our title, Jordan and I are planning a missionary trip to Mozambique, Africa!  Our plan is to keep you all updated on our blog throughout our fundraising process and the months leading up to our departure and to also post while we are in Mozambique to keep you informed of our progress and how we're doing.

We will spend 3 months in Pemba, Mozambique, Africa.  We leave October 1 and will return sometime in mid-December.  We will be traveling with an organization called, Iris Ministries (www.irismin.org) and will be a part of their Harvest School.  We will be living at a place called The Village of Joy which is the home of 1000 orphans (this excites me beyond belief!)

We are beginning our fundraising process now because it is going to take alot of support and prayer to get us there.  We are planning several different fundraisers and I will keep you all informed of when and where they will take place.

If you wish to support us, here's what you can do:

1.)  Pray!  We need as much prayer as we can get.  We both know God has called us to be missionaries (among other things) and travel the world.  I (Lydia) knew that my heart was for the poverty-stricken people when I visited Haiti in 2010.  I saw how God's heart dwelled in the tent cities of Port-au-Prince, Haiti and knew that this was what He placed me here to do and I am so thankful to have someone to be able to share this wonderful experience with.

2.) Participate in our fundraisers!  Like I said we will have many fundraisers throughout the next several months and we will eventually send out letters asking for your support.

We sincerely appreciate your help and support in advance and we pray that God blesses you as you will bless us.

We realize that this may seem crazy to some, but not to us.  God has called not only us but everybody to preach the Gospel to the nations and to disciple and love His children.  We fully believe that God will provide everything we need to get us there and to sustain us while we're there.  We know that His plan for our lives is greater than anything we can try to plan for our lives so we place full trust in Him knowing He is a great Father.


Jordan and Lydia


"You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world." Matthew 5:14

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you both. You are an inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to put an name and address on the web site that can be used for donations. I will send one, have been an online friend of your mother, Jordan, for years. :) Am praying for you both. - Dr. Rev. John W. McCormick III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John!

      You can send donations to:
      River of Life Church
      c/o Jordan and Lydia
      P.O. Box 66
      Huntingburg, IN 47546

      You can put our names in the memo box and you'll also get a tax deduction :)

      Thank you so much in advance and we pray God will bless your socks off :)

      Delete
  3. So excited to be reading your blogs. It's a great way to stay connected and to journal your thoughts. We are praying for you both!! And of course, for the people you will be reaching in Mozambique.

    ReplyDelete